Caption: "Grace Baptist Church, 6th Avenue and 53rd Street, Bay Ridge. Founded in 1886 as the West End Baptist Church and united with the 4th Avenue Baptist Church under the present name in 1908. ... On September 7, 1913, the cornerstone was laid. The building, dedicated in 1914, is of modified Gothic architecture with brick and limestone trim and has a seating capacity of 500. ..."